Lenz NMRA DCC Conformance Statement
Lenz GmbH Position on NMRA Conformance
- Lenz GmbH is proud to be a participant in the NMRA Conformance and Inspection Program. We feel strongly that this is an important program for both the manufacturers and the modeler. As the world wide leader of Digital Command Control products, we are strongly committed to this program. We are proud to have the first advanced decoder to achieve the prestigious NMRA Conformance Warrant.
Why is this program important to you the modeler?
- Over the last several years many incompatibilities have occurred between NMRA DCC manufacturers. As a responsible manufacturer, we have tried to insulate you the modeler from these by updating our command station software. However as more manufacturers enter the market and as more products are developed, the incidence and severity of these incompatibilities is much greater. The only practical method for solving this problem long term is to have a independent testing group who both develops tests and performs testing for DCC products. The NMRA has stepped up to this role providing a service to the both the manufacturers and to the modeler. We support the NMRA in this effort.
- Achieving conformance for a product is not easy. Lenz GmbH spent considerable time and money to alter our new products to achieve conformance. However we are most pleased with the results. Our new decoders are more reliable, and work much better with competing brands than could ever have occurred via our testing alone. Our new command station software will now work with all conformant decoders no matter who produces them.
Lenz GmbH Policy
- As official company policy, Lenz GmbH has a goal to have all Lenz GmbH products display the NMRA conformance warrant. This will take time. As each product is upgraded, we will redesign it to fully conform to the NMRA requirements.
- This promise is yet another indication of the leadership role that Lenz GmbH is providing and is yet another indication of the commitment we have to DCC and to you the modeler.